Sociable

Monday, November 19, 2012

I continue to be amazed!

Pwincess never ceases to amaze me! She is on the couch next to me *every* day now! She even gave me a brief purr while stroking her tummy! But, the final gift of acceptance came last week; she groomed my hand! She was looking at me earlier as I was playing "Zuma" on the PS3, as if to say "Hey! You haven't told the world how much more I've been showing you that I love you!". I promised her I would write as soon as I finished the level I was on. So, here I am! And she is now looking at me contentedly, while her brothers try to convince Alan and I to feed them early (even after getting snacks this afternoon!).

This beautiful girl fills my heart with joy every single day. She shows the world that if you are willing to be extra-patient, kind and loving, a feral cat or dog can feel secure in their environment. Not all of them will turn into lap cats/dogs, and they will still have some fears. Pwincess still doesn't like to be picked up, and still requires some 'sacred space' from time to time. But, the effort is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment